Gregory P. Bergethon, Esq., C.P.A.
Gregory P. Bergethon (Greg), Chief Executive Officer and founder of The Keel Group, is an accomplished complex business attorney and Certified Public Accountant. Greg is a creative and proactive planner who incorporates his years of experience to provide clients with custom tailored approaches to their unique and specific business or personal needs. Greg is known throughout the country and internationally for his innovative work, including structuring joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, tax strategies, and international transactional issues. Greg utilizes his expertise assisting various domestic and international organizations through transactions ranging from formation, financing, acquisitions, asset protection, liability & risk management, and joint ventures. Greg also serves as an adjunct law professor, teaching future attorneys in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions, International Transactions, U.S. Securities Regulations, Corporate Taxation, Partnership Taxation, Business Planning, and Survey of U.S. Taxation (South Korea).
Previously Greg worked as a business transactions, securities and tax attorney in the Virginia Beach office of Troutman Sanders, LLP, an Atlanta-based international law firm serving local, national and international clients. With Troutman Sanders, Greg was instrumental in structuring and implementing various mergers, acquisitions, tax plans and regulated offerings. His practice included industries such as telecom and communications, entertainment, real estate, manufacturing, and healthcare.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Greg was a Supervising Senior-in-Charge Accountant and consultant with KPMG, a global network of professional services firms providing audit, tax and advisory services. Greg's primary focus with KPMG was assisting and guiding clients in the information, communications and entertainment industries. Greg worked with his clients in making initial and secondary public and private offerings and encouraged clients to establish and implement best practices in their newly acquired business units. In addition to his work in the United States, Greg also worked as an expatriate in KPMG's London, United Kingdom office, focusing on auditing and consulting to various financial service providers.
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, New York State Bar
- Member, Washington DC Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association: Business Law and Tax Sections
- Certified Public Accountant (VA) AICPA
- Board Member, WorldChangers
- National Business Institute- Continuing Legal Education- Guest Lecturer
- Tidewater Community College/ Academy for Nonprofit Excellence- Guest Lecturer
- Great Commission Resource International, Inc.- Strategic Planning Committee
- First Presbyterian Church of Norfolk- Shoulder 2 Shoulder Men's Conferences- Guest Lecturer
- Juris Doctor (2000) William & Mary School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration Cum Laude (1993) University of Richmond